Hey tribe, hey!
Can't believe it's mid-February already. One of my goals with In The Tribe is to educate you to use herbs everyday in as many ways as possible. I got inspired from a trip this past weekend to talk about one of my favorite herbs...LAVENDER!!!
In the beginning, there was the sun, the stars, the moon, and lavender lol.
No but seriously, lavender has been around for many moons, over 2500 years. It's first thought to originate in the Mediterranean, Middle East and India. Scientifcally known as lavandula, it's name derives from the Latin ‘lavare’ meaning ‘to wash”. The Romans were credited with discovering it's medicinal properties. They were also popula for using lavender to scent their baths, beds, clothes and even hair..
Today, lavender is used in everything from soaps to foods. Whether using the oil works best or you'd like to experiment with the dried flowers, here are 5 ways to use lavender everyday:
- Use lavender oil to soothe insect bites, sunburn and small cuts.
- Lavender oil can be used during your bedtime routine to promote relaxation & soothe headaches.
- Put dried lavender flowers in a satchet & put it in your car, closets, or drawers.
- Add some lavender to fresh lemonade for a sweet twist.
- Tie a bunch of lavender together with eucalyptus and turn your shower into a spa.
Now you know I love me some lavender! I use it in so many products. If you've experienced the Wind Down vibes, then you know what I'm talking about. But, if you haven't, here are some products in the lineup that you should check out:
- Amethyst Calming Oil: use this bad boy to calm your nerves & fight those pesky headaches
- Amethyst Tranquil Candle: same vibe as the oil, it just transforms your whole space into a calming vibe
- Crystal Energizing Candle: paired with eucalyptus, this candle will help you calm down just enough to get s**t done.
- Diamond Sage Candle: summer time calm is the vibe from this candle that's perfect for anytime of year.
- Precious Lavender Incense: if you want the scent to fill a room, but you don't want the flame...incense is for you!
- Rose Quartz Toner: my face has never been smoother, thanks to this toner with a hint of soothing lavender oil.
- Rose Quartz Aromatic Candle: this candle is all about self-love with relaxation vibes.
I'm excited to be working with lavender more this year. Stay tuned for news about how I'll be using the oil and the dried flowers in new products.
If you use lavender differently or want to see it used in new products, drop me a comment. I'm always down for custom products and requests.